Monday, October 13, 2008

5.How these works might inspire your own works.

I feel that the experimental video "telling lies" is the most inspiring one that I looked at because I feel like I can relate to it and understand the point very well, plus the fact it uses simple technology that I could use for my own video at quite a basic level . "Doll face" also inspired me because of the strong emotion and sadness that is displayed. Usually a video like this that tries to connect to the viewer using emotions is very effective. Although the point to the video becomes quite obvious the craft of it and the use of the robot and human face are very effective. Due to this simplicity I found it very easy to grasp the idea and concept of the video. Despite "Koyanisquatsi" having good ideas and displaying good use of speed and soundtrack I found it hard to be inspired by it as many of the camera shots and scenes would be out of my reach to use in my own videos at this early stage, saying that the video could still be seen as inspiring as its ideas are very easy to relate to and similar techniques could be used on a much smaller scale.

No comments: